When construction starts on your project, much of the work will be in the hands of your contractor. Throughout the process, we prefer to stay employed as your agent and take the lead of the project team.
Although we do not supervise construction, we are active during this time. We work during construction through scheduled visits with the contractor to:
- Evaluate work for compliance with the drawings and specifications.
- Reply to the contractor’s questions in written form to clarify and interpret the plans and design intent.
- Review shop drawings, materials and product samples.
- Review documents and payment requests to you from the contractor.
- Handle requests for design changes.
- Administer the close-out process of your project.
For more information about an architect’s role with the contractor, visit our services page.
Leave a Comment